How Do I Become A Christian?
- Believe that God is holy (perfect and without sin).
II Corinthians 5:21
- Believe that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:10, 23
- Believe that there is punishment for sin – death in hell and separation from God’s love.
- Believe that God loves you.
- Believe that Jesus died on the cross and rose again to pay the penalty for sin.
II Corinthians 5:15
- Believe that Jesus’ death covered the punishment for your sin.
Say yes to God’s invitation to believe in Jesus Christ as your Saviour by faith and be saved by praying as follows:
“Dear God, I confess that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I have been the lord of my life. Please forgive me. I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive and hears my prayer. I now decide to turn from my past sinful life and I ask you to be the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey you and to do your will for the rest of my life. By faith I thank you for making me one of your spiritual children. In Jesus’s name I pray, Amen” - John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10, 13
If you prayed this prayer, I would love to talk with you and encourage you in the faith journey that we are all on. Please call the church at 604-857-7777 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will celebrate with you that through faith in Jesus Christ we are right with God. - Pastor David Strauss