Home School Registration
Here is a summary of the opportunities offered to registered students at Aldergrove Christian Academy:
1. Annual Canadian Achievement Testing for the students
2. Participation in ACA Field trips
3. Participation in ACA music program when available
4. Participation in ACA PE program
5. Participation in Graduation Banquet and Ceremony
As ACA is not a government funded school there are no expense reimbursements for home school students and all testing and program participation provided at ACA shall be cost shared by the homeschooling family.
Aldergrove Christian Academy, formerly known as Rose of Sharon Academy, was formed in 1992 by a group of parents concerned about the educational options available for their children. Not only was there concern for their academic achievements, but also for their spiritual well-being and maturity. These concerns caused a group of parents to come together and establish the Rose of Sharon Academy.
As of June 30 2007 A.C.A. will be a Group 3 independant school registered in B.C. under the Independent School Act offering Bob Jones DVD School grades K-12 and registration of home-schooled students. A.C.A. operates as a ministry of Rose of Sharon Ministries, a registered B.C. charity.
1. The ultimate goal of education is not to produce a degree, but many Godly generations.
Isaiah 58:12, Psalms 78:6, Psalms 112:1-2
2. God charges parents and grandparents with the ultimate responsibility of training their sons and daughters.
Galatians 4:1-2, Deuteronomy 6:7, Proverbs 17:6
3. God established the home as the primary learning centre and the school and church are recognized as extensions of it.
Deuteronomy 6:7, I Timothy 3:5
4. God wants the priorities of every family to be built around the daily study of Scripture rather than the accumulation of man's knowledge.
James 1:21, Joshua 1:8
5. Children pick up the value systems of those they spend the most interactive, communicative time with.
Proverbs 13:20, Proverbs 1:10-19
6. Boys and girls have differing aptitudes; therefore, sensitivity to each child's uniqueness must be shown.
7. When children are grouped according to age, older role models are cut off and rebels usually rise to leadership.
I Peter 5:5
8. When scriptural values are separated from courses, the content comes under the control of human reasoning.
II Timothy 16:17, Isaiah 55:8-9
9. True socializing does not take place in arbitrary groupings of children in age segregated classes, but in the real world of children to adult relationships.
II Corinthians 10:12
For more information, please contact the School Office